The racing season has come to a close in the North, and this entry is a chance to revisit some exciting results from the Ironman and Half-Ironman World Champioship events. SaltStick athletes continue to rock around the world.
Here is a partial list of recent SaltStick athlete results:
SaltStick at Ironman World Championships Oct. 11th, 2008 Kona, Hawaii
- Craig Alexander 1. Ironman World Championships, Kona, Hawaii, 1. Ironman 70.3 Muskoka
- Jordan Rapp 3. Ironman Arizona
- Tom Evans 1. Ironman Florida
- Terenzo Bozonne 1. Ironman World Championships 70.3, Clearwater, FL
- Jasper Blake 3. Ironman Canada
- Chris McCormack 1. Silverman Half Ironman. 1. Malibu Triathlon
- Joanna Zeiger 1. Ironman World Championships 70.3, Clearwater, FL, 1.Muskoka 70.3
- Becky Lavelle 3. Ironman World Championships 70.3, 1. Malibu Triathlon, 1. LA Triathlon, 1. Chicago Triathlon
- Luke McKenzie: 3. Ironman Western Australia (8:12:45)
- Petr Vabrousek 3. Ironman Florida, 8. Ironman Arizona (12 Ironman-distance races in 2008!)
- Belinda Granger 1. Laguna Phuket Tri
Not only were hundreds of athletes using the SaltStick products during the Ironman race, SaltStick pro athletes accomplished some incredible feats:
- Men's overall winner, Craig "Crowie" Alexander
- Pro men 1& 2 out of the water: Andy Potts and Benjamin Sanson
- 3 of top 4 male pros used SaltStick Caps, and 8 of top 20! Women pros had their day in the sun too, with SaltStick athletes placing 4 of the top 20.
Here's a list of athletes who used SaltStick and how they placed in the top-20:
NBC's 90-minute broadcast of the 2008 Ironman will be airing Saturday, Dec 13th, Check your local listings for details.
Exclusive Race Footage: SaltStick productions has put together some highlights of the Ironman experience for several sponsored athletes. Our "Craig Alexander" video has had over 18000 hits! Here are direct links to the videos:
Craig Alexander: 1st place
Rutger Beke 3rd place http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfDDPCVh0rU
Ronnie Schildknecht 4th place http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fz8kyUUicPE
Luke McKenzie 29th place http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0Z4BBTv0_Y
2 More World Champions! SaltStick at 70.3 World Championships Nov 8th, 2008 Clearwater, FL
Seasoned pro Joanna Zeiger
set a new World-best time for the Ironman 70.3 distance in 4:02:49, winning the Championship title. Joanna has been a long-time SaltStick advocate, depending on SaltStick Caps to replace critical amounts of electrolytes. No other product has even come close to helping Joanna and her cramping issues like SaltStick. Read more here...
, also an avid SaltStick athlete, won the ultra-competitive men's race with an incredible 3:40:10. Watch out for Terenzo in 2009!
Ironman 70.3 World Championship Race Results for some SaltStick Athletes:
1. Terenzo Bozzone, NZL 3:40:10
6. Andy Potts, USA 3:44:30
7. Luke McKenzie, AUS 3:45:11
1. Joanna Zeiger, USA 4:02:49
3. Becky Lavelle, USA 4:07:32
Announcing the Official SaltStick FACEBOOK page:
Join using this link: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/SaltStick/50213880198
and stay tuned for photos and updates from SaltStick travels!
Help out Jordan's Dream for Antarctica:
In a previous entry, we introduced 12-year-old Jordan Romero as the youngest SaltStick-sponsored athlete. Jordan has already successfully summited the tallest peaks on 5 continents. He is preparing now for an assult on the Vinson Massif in Antarctica. ABC News did a special feature on Jordan recently- this could be the most inspiring 4 minutes of your day: http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=6152545
Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!