The racing season is going strong, and with Ironman this weekend, SaltStick athletes continue to rock around the world.
Here is a partial list of recent SaltStick athlete results:
SaltStick at Ironman World Championships Oct. 11th, 2008
- Bryan Rhodes 1. Ironman Canada 8:30:12
- Heather Gollnick 2. Ironman Louisville 9:56:53
- Jasper Blake 3. Ironman Canada 8:36:08
- Craig Alexander 1. Ironman 70.3 Muskoka
- Joanna Zeiger 1. 5430 Boulder Long course, 4. Lifetime fitness triathlon, 1. Ironman 70.3 Muskoka, 4. Chicago Triathlon
- Tim O' Donnell 2. 5430 Boulder Long course, 7. Malibu Triathlon
- Becky Lavelle 1. LA Triathlon, 3. Lifetime fitness triathlon, 1. Malibu Triathlon, 1. Chicago Triathlon
- Mike Vine 2. XTERRA Mountain Champs
- Melanie McQuaid 1. XTERRA Mountain Champs
- Conrad Stoltz- 1. XTERRA Mountain Champs, 1. XTerra Snow Valley
The annual championship to the worldwide Ironman series takes place this Saturday, Oct. 11th, 2008 in Kona, Hawaii. The 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike ride, and 26.2 mile marathon is sure to test every athlete to their limit. Last year's winner, Chris "Macca" McCormack
will be wearing #1 and has stated that he's ready to defend his title. Macca has been an avid SaltStick athlete for 3 years and the capsules have been instrumental in helping Macca avoid muscle cramping that plagued his early Kona races. Race bib #2 will be worn by none other than Craig "Crowie" Alexander
, who was runner-up last year. Crowie is also an avid SaltStick fan and depended on the dispenser and caps in 2007 comes into this race with high hopes for a strong showing in 2008. More than coincidence that both SaltStick athletes took top honors last year?
Be sure to look for the "little red or yellow nozzles" on lots and lots of pros bikes (and lots of age-groupers too)...and stay tuned to http://www.ironman.com/
for live coverage on Saturday, Oct. 11th with the starting gun at 9:45am Pacific (6:45am Hawaii)
Here is a partial list of pro athletes competing at Ironman Kona Oct 11th, 2008 who will be using SaltStick products:
Team SaltStick @ TransRockies Trail Race:
Team SaltStick consisting of Chris Clarke and Jonathan Toker raced at the 2nd annual TransRockies Trail Race (Aug 25-30th) and placed 7th out of 70 teams and 6th in the highly competitive open Men's division. "Of course, we couldn't have done it without SaltStick Caps and SaltStick dispensers" says Chris Clarke. Visit the race website at www.transrockies.com
more information on this epic race scheduled for August 2009- this race is not to be missed.