Welcome to the final update of 2009 and an opportunity to provide an update on our athletes, results and events.
Recent Athlete Results- a selected list from the many notable results:
* Western States 100: 1. Anita Ortiz
* XTerra World Championships 3. Melanie McQuaid, 5. Conrad Stoltz
* Ironman Cozumel: 1. Rutger Beke
* Ironman 70.3 Clearwater: 3. Matty Reed
* Ironman Arizona: 1. Jordan Rapp, 1. Samantha McGlone 2. TJ Tollakson 3. Kate Major
* US National Elite Championship: 1. Matt Charbot
* Huatulco ITU World Cup: 1. Matt Charbot
* ITU Long Distance World Championship 1. Tim O'Donnell
* Longhorn 70.3 1. Joanna Zeiger, 2. Brian Fleischmann
* Ironman Western Australia 1. Gina Crawford
* Ironman Wisconsin: 1. Raynard Tissink
NFL New York Jets have SaltStick Caps on hand for player's use
It's not an official sponsorship, but the New York Jets know something that other NFL teams haven't yet discovered...that SaltStick Caps can help keep players on the field and playing their best. While there are many successful strategies to dealing with heat exhaustion and muscle cramping, using SaltStick Caps in the arsenal of products is worth consideration. The Jets also know that SaltStick Caps are tested not to contain any banned substances, thus their confidence in making SaltStick Caps available to their players. More on the Jets here: http://www.newyorkjets.com/
Jordan Rapp's Secret Formula for Success at Ironman
SaltStick-sponsored athlete Jordan Rapp, fresh off wins at both Ironman Canada and Ironman Arizona, is one of the most scientific athletes on the circuit. His nutrition plan for Ironman Arizona shows just how calculated Jordan can be when it comes to numbers. During the course of his record-breaking 8:13:35 win, Jordan consumed 30 SaltStick Caps in the Arizona heat, with no cramping, and a race win.
Jordan's Blog is a great read at http://blog.rappstar.com/
Last newsletter, we featured Jordan's goal to raise money for bikes in Africa. to date, he has raised over $46,000 for the cause!
Visit our new partner, Indoor Rider
Indoor Rider is a series of cycling workouts for athletes of all levels. It provides you with an effective cycling program right at home! Long-time triathlete Richard Pady has assembled these innovative videos to maximize your training time and performance results.
* What do I need to get started? All you need is a heart rate monitor, a bike trainer or rollers, and a computer to download the videos.
* How long is each workout? Each workout is approximately 1 hour long.
* In what format are the videos available? Windows media format, in both high and low resolutions. We also provide the videos in iPod format so you can take them with you to the gym if you don’t have a trainer at home.
More information: http://www.indoorrider.com/
Recent athlete feedback
"Have been using SaltStick leading up to race week and during the races. Haven't really been training in all too hot of an environment. Anyways, just thought I should let you know that SaltStick had a positive effect on my victory at USA National Championships in Tuscaloosa, AL and 2nd place finish at the Chicago Triathlon. Thanks! Matt Chrabot"
Devon Crosby-Helms: JFK 50 mile Winner's Race Report "I took a saltstick cap every hour and took a Hyper Vespa at 3 hrs. I just clipped along. Not feeling like I was pushing too hard, in fact was quite comfortable. I told Scotty about how I was trying to learn how to push myself hard ..."