8 At-Home Date Ideas for Spoonies
Feb 14, 2023
Love is in the air! While many people may be planning to go to a fancy dinner, see a movie, or play miniature golf on February 14, going out isn’t accessible for every couple, and that’s okay. You and your partner still deserve to have a fun time this Valentine’s Day from the comfort of your own home.
Here are eight at-home date ideas, perfect for spoonies:
- Watch party: Whether you’re watching a movie, TV show, theatrical production, or comedy special, you can’t go wrong with this classic date. Plus, popcorn has plenty of salt — perfect for POTSies!
- Read together: Sometimes the best dates involve just being in the same room together, doing something you love. For a slightly more interactive date, consider reading the same book and discussing it as you go or reading to each other. Not sure what to read? Check out Whichbook.
- Bring the museum to you: You no longer have to travel — or even leave your couch — to visit some of the world’s most famous museums. From The British Museum in London to the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam, this is the perfect low-energy virtual date for couples who love history and art.
- Spa day: Us spoonies could always use more time spent relaxing and unwinding! Put on a face mask, paint your nails, or give each other massages — just be mindful of the ingredients in products — especially scents — if you have any allergies.
- Play games or do a puzzle: Whether you prefer board games or video games and jigsaw puzzles or crossword puzzles, there are so many options when it comes to having a game night! If you’re feeling low on energy, you can play games like would you rather or 20 questions while relaxing with your eyes closed.
- Craft and sip: Let’s get crafty (and hydrated)! If painting isn’t your thing, try another craft like adult coloring books. Instead of wine, use your favorite Vitassium DrinkMix flavor to make this fruit punch mocktail or this peach lemonade mocktail.
- Go stargazing: Grab some blankets and pillows and cuddle up under the stars. If you can’t see stars from where you live or you don’t feel up to going outside, bring the stars inside with a star projector.
- Cook or bake: No one said it had to be from scratch! Check out our tips for cooking with dysautonomia.
Looking for more inspiration this Valentine’s Day? Check out our Valentine’s Day gift ideas for spoonies.